Thursday, June 7, 2012

raspberry chocolate chip scones

Let me start off by saying that this recipe took about 15 minutes to put together, and the result was one of the most delicious desserts I've ever eaten. I found it on Jess's blog the other day and made some last night- boy was I impressed (:






For a more detailed recipe check out her post, but here's the basics:


3 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp + 1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 cup raspberries
1 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
2 cups cold heavy cream
2 tbsp butter/ melted
sugar for sprinkling



Preheat oven to 375. Mix the first six ingredients in a large bowl, then add heavy cream until you have a sticky dough. Lightly flour a clean surface and roll out your dough into a log, then divide it into three equal parts. Don't worry if it seems like the dough isn't sticking together enough- crumbly, barely together dough makes for crumbly pastries! Pat and roll these sections into round, flat discs about 6-8 inches in diameter, then use a pizza cutter to slice into triangles (should make 4-8 per disc). Paint with melted butter, sprinkle sugar on top & bake for 20 minutes, until the tops are golden.


Trust me- for the time and ingredients these require, they are SO worth it!

3 comments:

  1. Hannah, I am not a cook - as you know of my info - however, I may attempt to do this one. Your photography of it made it look yummmy yummmy! I love to eat and pictures always entice me the most. It's like the anticipation of the food gets me going... ya know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I even brought these babies outside to photograph them heehee, the lighting inside didn't do them justice (:

      Delete

Reading comments makes my day! Don't be afraid to leave a link to your blog, I'd love to check it out!