Wednesday, December 28, 2011

marble nail art experiment

I had a fantastic day today thrifting with my best friend, wandering the mall in search of post-Christmas deals and (most importantly) searching for hair bleach and dye! I'm gonna be dying the tips blue once I get everything together, which is another project I'm super excited to do and share with the lovely world of the internet :3

I'll post my thrifting finds with photos tomorrow (I got some really cute pieces and paid less than $20 for all of it) but I wanted to share a nail experiment I tried out tonight- the results, well, you can judge them yourselves.

I used binder paper reinforcers to make the tips and crescents after I painted the blue base coat on 4 of my nails.

The marble effect (that I found through this post and this tutorial) is pretty messy, it'll probably take another day for the polish to completely come off my skin. It was a bit tricky to work with since poking the polish to make designs in the water didn't go so well, my toothpick kept getting twisted and stuck in the polish and I'd have to start over.

I used 130 by Sally Hansen (Blue Me Away!), 358 Nicole by OPI (Make a Comet-ment), and an unnamed purpley-pink from Urban Outfitters.

Not too bad for a first time effort, but I'll definitely try to keep my nails neater next time around.

Be back tomorrow with my thrift finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reading comments makes my day! Don't be afraid to leave a link to your blog, I'd love to check it out!