Tuesday, November 29, 2011
I thought I'd share a few things with you guys today. First, I went consignment shopping this weekend and picked up this chunky purple sweater and some Nine West suede shoes. They're a bit big without laces but that's easily fixable. The ring is the one I won in a giveaway and posted about here. Today has been a relaxing, lazy day- I think I'll get a head-start on some work, paint my nails, and listen to Christmas music until dinner :)
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Hey all! I'm glad to have a break from school and I've been really meaning to do this for a while, but way back in October I was given a blog award by the lovely Amber from The Owl's Den (: I first found her blog through a giveaway and I've been an avid reader since- y'all should check out her cute jewelry on Etsy
Anyways... on to the awards
1. Say thanks (:
2. Write 7 interesting things about yourself
3. Give the award to 15 other blogs
4. Let them know!
I'm fairly new to the blogging universe, so I'm only going to be giving 5 blogs this award. And they are...
Meghan from Ahoy Native
Sarada from Art by Sarada
Lily from Little Birds
Jane from Nailside
And now for the 7 things:
1. I'm an only child and only a little bit spoiled. I'm also an only-grandchild on my mom's side of the family so I'm really close to my grandma & my uncles and I love them dearly.
2. I'm a very outdoorsy girl. When I graduate college I want to live somewhere rural or in the country where there's lots of land, fewer people and clean air.
3. I like rap... too much.
4. My mom and I used to have a small jewelry business, but school/work got in the way of that during the past few years. Some of our stuff will be featured in an upcoming craft fair but we're much more nonchalant about trying to make sales.
5. I really want to learn how to paint, I only dabble in watercolor every once in a while but I'm not very skilled.
6. I'm a gamer at heart - separated by free time and distance usually, but I brought my 3DS to college for when I have downtime. I used to play WoW, now I mostly mess around with old-school Gamecube or DS games.
7. I'm a sucker for guys with great shoulders.
Peace & love,
Saturday, November 19, 2011
~ hiking off-campus ~
I'll be hiking tomorrow again too! The environmental club is sponsoring a trip in honor of No-Impact November, so everyone should be extra conscious of how they impact the environment this month! Take a few minutes to think of how you can make small changes that have a big impact on helping the planet :]
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
I don't exactly know what I was aiming for with this combination but I really like the way it came out :3 I could have used another layer of the white polish as the base though, and that would have fixed the opacity problem. I did one layer of each polish, in the order they appear, and this is how it came out:
Kind of reminds you of icy wintery days, no? My polish collection here at college isn't very complete so I'll probably be experimenting with layers/mixing more often.
Until next time,
Sunday, November 13, 2011
I'm a proud member of the Fairfield University Glee Club and last weekend we booked up to Boston for a concert in Weston at the Campion Center Chapel. We had 3 days of leisure and only a few hours of singing so it was quite a nice break from school, homework & dorm life.
This trip made me re-think where I should've gone to school, tee heee. I'm not much of a city girl but when there's beautiful parks and gardens nearby it surely sweetens the deal!
Hoping your fall has been wonderful so far,
Thursday, November 10, 2011
Greetings all, I hope you're all enjoying fall as much as I am. About a week ago I found out I won Samantha from Simple Delights' giveaway- a ring I'm excitingly awaiting the arrival of (: Pictures to come!
Happy November! I've been m.i.a. lately, busy with schoolwork as usual, but I thought I'd do a quick post about what I wore yesterday.
Wednesdays are the days I don't have to walk 500 miles to class so I figured it was a good day for heels! I got the shirt & skirt from Forever 21, the shoes from a trip to London this past summer, and the turkey courtesy of a care package from my mom :3
The weather here has been fluctuating lots lately, on Halloween we had snow and this past week it's been in the 60s and 70s. I didn't even have to wear a jacket or tights with this skirt yesterday.
Thoughts, comments, questions? Leave them below!